Thursday, April 24, 2008

WHAT THE...????

Who watched American Idol last night? Well I did, and I am appalled!!

First off, I loved the theme this week. I am definitely a Broadway/musical theater girl and Andrew Lloyd Weber is the King of Broadway. So this week was really fun and exciting for me. I wish I could sing Andrew Lloyd Weber songs all day!!

Anywho, I really enjoyed most of the performances on Tuesday night. There was actually only one that I was really not a fan of. Let's review...First up was Syesha. Wow! I think this was her best week yet. She would be absolutely incredible on Broadway!! She was sassy and really got into the song. It was awesome. I was very impressed.

Next was Jason. (i think, i don't remember the exact order...) Definitely not his genre. But the fact that he didn't know ANY Andrew Lloyd Weber songs is appalling!! I think Jason is good when he can be all acoustic, but I don't think he is good enough to be the American Idol. I think the only reason why he is still on is because of the girls that are voting for him. I will say that he has beautiful eyes, but seriously dude, get rid of the dreads!!!!! yuck! I definitely thought he would be in the bottom two.

Then there was Brooke. I love Brooke. Probably a lot because she is Mormon and she is from Mesa! But I also really like her voice. I think it is very distinct and different and gorgeous. I was sad when she had to start her song over, but I think she just followed her gut and we all realize that no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. How horrifying though to all the sudden forget the lyrics on American Idol! I would probably just start crying. Anywho, I think Brooke did a wonderful job, but I was pretty sure that she would be in the bottom two.

Then came all the teenage girls favorite...David Archuletta. I also really like David. He is just so normal and sweet and humble and again he is Mormon and from Salt Lake!! I was surprised at how much he changed the song, but I really enjoyed it. It was a gutsy move, but it worked. Actually, it more than worked. It was awesome! And the cute little girls who all wanted to hug him cracked me up!

Next, Carly. Wow! I don't really like the show Jesus Christ, Superstar, but it does have some fun music. It totally fit her. She blew me away with the song. And my goodness she is beautiful! I was so happy for her when Simon told her that she was amazing. And the t-shirt...hysterical! I definitely thought Carly would be safe and in fact, I really thought she would be in the top three.

Last, but definitely not least was David Cook. Who knew he could sing Broadway like that?!? It was incredible. I loved that he stuck with the song for the most part, but threw in a few little loops here and there. A-MA-ZING!! I think he is my favorite. My prediction is definitely a David/David final two.

Then last night happened. And seriously my only reaction is WHAT THE...?????!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!How did this happen???!!! I was so shocked when she was put in the bottom two. When that happened I was pretty sure that Syesha was going home. (Not that she deserved it this week either, but between those two, I thought it would definitely be Syesha) But why was Jason not in the bottom two? His performance was horrible and he should have been the one to leave.

I just can't get over that Carly is gone. She was so fun to watch and I thought she brought so much to the show. It just goes to show that we are definitely getting to the end and anybody is vulnerable.

Well, anybody except the Davids. ;)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh, I was also apalled. (How the heck do you spell that word?!) I can't believe Carly went home. I figured she would be in the top three, or at least the top four. My vote for the winner is David Cook. He is awesome!

Tiffany said...

The dread guy has got to go! He gives me the creepies!