Thursday, April 17, 2008

Can you hear me now??

Unless, you are standing within 12 inches of me, you probably can't. I have been really sick the last couple days and it has completely zapped me of all my energy and my voice. It is completely gone. Apparentely I sound like I'm about to start crying. (three people have told me that in the last two days...) It doesn't hurt very much, I just can't talk. Tuesday and Wednesday I stayed home from work since I had no voice and a really bad sinus headache and couldn't breathe through my nose. Not fun.

I'm back at work today, but keep being made fun of for my quiet, raspy, man-voice.

And there is so much to catch up on. Even though I have been sick the last couple days, quite a few things have occured...

Monday
I went with my parents and my sister to the Jazz game. We rode Trax up to Salt Lake and saw the Jazz stomp the Rockets. Hopefully they continue the same pattern of beating Houston as they begin the first round of the playoffs against them this weekend!! Go Jazz!

Tuesday
Tax day!! I know so many people look forward to this day all year long! But I'm not one of them. I like to get my taxes done as soon as I get my W-2's the end of January. So by now, my tax returns are all spent! Can't wait until next week when I get to head to California and board the cruise that I spent part of that tax return on! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POPS!!! Tuesday was my dad's 49th birthday. He pretty much had a 4-day birthday. We celebrated with dinner and a play at Hale on Saturday. Birthday cake and ice cream with the fam on Sunday. The Jazz game on Monday and then he and my mom spent the day together on Tuesday. Yup, he is pretty spoiled. ;) I hope you had a wonderful day dad! I love you!!! (sorry I didn't actually call on Tuesday, but you wouldn't have been able to hear me...)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIMMY!!! Tuesday was also Tim's 27th birthday. It was kind of sad to be lying on my couch all day sick, with not much to do and constantly thinking about Tim. We have had some major fun on his birthdays the last few years and being sick definitely didn't help with the waterworks that formed as I lied there watching Oprah. I wanted to call his mom, but again, there is no way she would have even been able to hear me. They are having a birthday celebration for him this weekend in Mesa and I really wish I could be there. They are putting the headstone on his grave. I definitely need to head down there soon. Love you Timmyman! Still miss you!!


The Biggest Loser Finale!!!!!!! Wow! It was amazing!! Go Ali! If anyone didn't watch it, you can see it on NBC.com. I cried. That's all I'm going to say about it for now.


Wednesday
Oh, it was exciting, let me tell you! This is what I did all day...
Sleep, The View, sleep, drink half of a Jamba, What Not To Wear, sleep, Oprah, drink other half of Jamba, Gilmore Girls, sleep, American Idol, read, sleep.
It was a pretty rigorous schedule friends!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

No matter how sick I am I NEVER lose my voice. I think it sounds kinda fun ( I know I am weird) Hope you get feeling better before next week!

Aubs said...

Jen I am SO sorry you've been sick & lost your voice. It is no fun to be sick but it sounds like you had two good days of relaxing, watching t.v. & sleeping. Hope you are coming to night to Ani's so I can hear your sexy raspy voice!

Aubs said...

Jen we missed you last night! It just wasn't the same. Hope you feel better soon.