Sunday, April 06, 2008

General Conference

How grateful I am that every six months the members of my church gather together all over the world to hear the words of the living prophets and apostles. The first weekend of April and October are dedicated to listening to their messages to the church and to the world. Yesterday we had the wonderful opportunity to sustain our new President. President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away the end of January and his successor, President Thomas S. Monson was sustained by the whole of the church yesterday. I love and miss President Hinckley very much, he is the prophet of my youth, but I know that President Monson is the man that the Lord has prepared to be His voice to the world at this time.This picture is of the new First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. President Eyring, President Monson and President Uchtdorf.

I had an incredible experience about 1 1/2 years ago where I was able to be in a Regional Conference with President Monson and had the strongest witness I've ever had that he is a prophet of God. I was sitting only about 30 feet from him and through the whole meeting I couldn't help but just watch him. At one point, I had the most overwhelming warmth come over me. I knew at that moment that the Holy Ghost was whispering to my soul that President Monson is a prophet of God. That moment has carried over into yesterday morning when I was able to stand as a member of the Church and raise my right hand to sustain President Monson as a prophet, seer and revelator and president of the Church. How wonderful it is to have a living oracle on the earth today!

No comments: