Sunday, April 13, 2008

Latter Day Sounds

I have had the incredible blessing the past 8 months of being a part of a wonderful group of singers called Latter Day Sounds. We rehearsed for a few months and have been doing firesides this semester and I just have to say how much I love each member of our choir! What an amazing group of people that have come together to all share our testimonies through music. We are probably going to be recording a CD soon and I will be sure to share our program with each of you.

This year, our program is "The Life of Christ". All the words and music are devoted to the birth, life, atonement, crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is so hard for me to bear my testimony because it is something that is so personal, but it seems to be so much easier through music. I feel that music carries that Spirit so much stronger and penetrates deeper and it is the best way for me to share my feelings. I love music and especially good music that brings the Spirit of the Lord to the room.

Thank you to my Latter Day Sounds family. I love you all and am so grateful for each of you!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thats great! You are using your talent of singing doing exactly what our Heaven Father would have you do with it. Good Job, I am sure its an awesome fireside!

Anonymous said...

I just want to know how i can get to do the same awesome thing

Western Jones said...

It's good to see that LD Sounds is still up and running. I was in the group in 1990-1994. My wife was in for four years as well. It was one of the best experiences of my life and I sure miss it. Enjoy it while you can. Phil Jones