Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Motivation...

Most of the time I struggle to get myself to the gym. I don't mind it once I am there, but just getting there is difficult most days. I try to go at least 3 times a week (i wish that always happened, but it doesn't) and I love to go with other people. My old roommate Stephanie and I have gone together a few times recently and it is awesome because we can kick each other's butts! But again, I have to have motivation to go. And apparently feeling good and losing weight is not enough. ;)

Tuesday nights are the best! I always have the best workouts on Tuesdays and it is always so easy to go. The reason...

I get to watch my two favorite shows - The Biggest Loser and American Idol.

I know, how ridiculous is that! But those shows are my weakness and I hate missing a week! Watching the Biggest Loser is such great motivation to keep working out and brings out the competitor in me. I love seeing them each week and the progress they make. I just wish my progress was as amazing as theirs! :) And American Idol is just awesome. I think the reason I love it is because I love to sing, but don't have the confidence to ever do something like that. But it would be amazing to be on that stage! I haven't watched it for a few seasons, but I LOVE this season! There are some amazing talents! I love David Archuletta!! He is such an incredible kid! Amazing voice, adorable personality. I think he is just this wonderfully humble kid with an wonderful talent. I love watching him and I loved his performance last night! I also love David Cook and Michael Johns. I think this season just keeps getting better.

I know it is kind of rediculous to be motivated by reality shows, but hey, if it gets me to the gym, then it is a good thing. Right?!?

3 comments:

Clark and Rebecca said...

Oh, I love those shows too! I can't wait until after I have the baby because I want to create a "Biggest Loser" for myself. I think it would be so much fun!

Aubs said...

Jen I forgot to tell you on Friday that I thought you looked fabulous!
Keep up the good work. It is hard to motivate yourself to work out. I've been telling myself for months that I need to do something and it just never happens.
It is great to have a friend to do it with.

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh, those are my two favorite shows! LOVE THEM! Biggest Loser is definitely motivational. I am also trying to kick my butt into gear and get into the gym a lot, but you're right, it is really hard! Right now I have my sister-in-law to go with, but she is moving this summer, so I don't know who I'm going to work out with then. Too bad we don't live by each other...we could go together!