Friday, April 04, 2008

the day they were born...

I apologize in advance for how long this post is going to be. But it's going to be good. Just trust me.

Today is the day of birth of two amazing people in my life.

The one I've known the longest is my baby brother Kyle. Today is his 20th birthday! How did I get so old!! I remember when he was born and I got to be home with him (and my parents) all by myself for a week. No sharing of the new baby with my other siblings. I believe it was in that week that Ky and I forged the bond that we share today. Or something like that. But seriously, he is an incredible little (read: younger, but much bigger) brother. Here are the top 5 reasons why I love Kyle...

#5 - He is a stud! Who doesn't love a tall, dark and handsome, blue-eyed teddy bear! Kyle has the most beautiful blue eyes and soft ears. (his ears are my sister's favorite feature ;)

#4 - He makes me laugh hysterically!! Pretty much when all of us are together, it is one big movie-quoting party. Our favorites are Cool Running ("why don't you draw a line down the middle of your head so it looks like a butt") and Dumb and Dumber ("it's a cardigan, but thanks for noticing!"). His laugh is also hysterical in and of itself!

#3 - He loves sushi! Not all the members of my family enjoy good sushi, but that was one thing that Kyle and I loved to do together. And he knew all the good sushi places in Utah County.

#2 - Kyle gives the best hugs. He was always there to give me a great big hug when I needed one. I miss those... This is one of my favorite pictures...it is Easton giving Uncle Ky a goodbye kiss before we took Kyle to the MTC...so sweet!#1 - He is an incredible friend. He is so loyal and will do anything for his friends. He also is friends with everyone. In fact, many of my friends would always tell me to invite Kyle to come hang out with us. He would make dinner for his friends or help them fix their cars or pick them up from work or just about anything that they needed him to do. He just has a way of making everyone feel like they are his best friend.

#1 (i just keep thinking of things...) - He is an awesome chef! He went part-time to culinary school his senior year in high school and he loves to cook for people. His dream is to one day own his own restaurant and also to make a meal for the Prophet and the members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. What a stud!

#1 (this is it, i promise...well, not it of his great qualities, but it of me writing!) - Kyle has such a strong testimony of the Gospel and of the Savior. He is such an example to me of using the atonement in my life. He is currently serving the Lord as a full-time missionary in the Louisville Kentucky Mission and he loves it. I know that through his sweet spirit he is touching many lives and helping many people come unto Christ.Ky, I love you!! Thank you for being the greatest little brother anyone could ask for!

The other birthday today is my good friend Sara H. Bohe. She's getting old, but she doesn't let that slow her down! We went to lunch today and there is always guaranteed to be an awesomely awkward moment when I'm with Sarah. Oh, the times we've had together!!! Here are 5 memories of Sarah that are forever burned into my brain...

#5 - October 2005...I believe it was halloween or the day before. I don't remember exactly. I just remember it was Sarah's first day of work at ArrowStar and Todd was training her. I was excited to have her there (I needed another girl in the office!) and she seemed pretty cool. I did know however that she was only hired because she was from Philly. Poor Sarah got stuck though learning the ropes on her own because I became very sick the next day and was out of work for almost a month.

#4 - Magelby's Fresh - this is our usual lunch date. When we meet for lunch, you can be 90% sure that we are going to Magleby's Fresh and getting the usual. Me - turkey avocado wrap and Sarah - buffalo chicken wrap. All with fries. Frysauce for me and just plain old mayonnaise for Sarah.

#3 - Walking around model homes all day long. When Sarah was still pretty new at ArrowStar I took her for a tour of the model homes that we were building in Springville. It probably should only have taken us an hour, but it lasted all day. The best part was when I fell off the curb in from of some guys. Good times.


#2 - The Chad Lewis Awkwardest Moment Ever Award - this was during the Parade of Homes 2006 I believe. Sarah walked straight at Chad Lewis with catatonic arms and proceeded to shake his hand vigorously. Not long after that she ran directly into his chest as we got off the elevator at the office. Hahahahahaha!!!!

#1 - Purple teletubby. Need I say more! Sara H Bohe...you are the best! Thanks for being such a wonderful friend over the last 2 1/2 years! I hope you know how much I appreciate you and all of the fun times we have had. It was hard to write just 5 memories because there are so many (I Want a Hippo For Chrismas, Feliz Navidad, Oscar parties, pranking Joe, the manequin head, Curtis...I could go on forever!) and I look forward to many more awesome times!! Happy Birthday and I hope you had fun on the cruise!! :)

1 comment:

Petersen Family said...

Sarah is hilarious! Those last few months that I worked at Arrowstar while she was there were fabulous! And Kyle...such a cutie! Can't believe our "little" brothers are on missions!