Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Watt Reunion

At the end of June my family went camping for a Watt family (my mom's side) reunion at Payson Lakes. We used to go there every Memorial day with my dad's family, but I haven't been there in years and it was really fun to go back. We spent a lot of time at the lake playing in the water and laying out.

There are a ton of grandkids on the Watt side and since I am the oldest they are all pretty young. I feel more like their aunt a lot of times, especially since I have a niece and nephew that are the same age as some of my cousins.

The theme of our reunion was the Olympics and each individual family represented a country and made food from that country for the meal that they were in charge of. We learned facts about how many members of the Church live in that country and some general information regarding the country. We also had "olympic events" at the lake with some fun games. My uncle Marvin's favorite event was "flipping the raft when Jen is in it". Fun game for him. Not for me. The water was freezing!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marvin's fav event was the most fun to watch. You have to admit that!!! I've never heard you and Shelly scream quite like that before!