Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Filichia Fam

In my 4th of July post I mentioned that I got to spend that evening with the Filichia family. The best part was that it was actually just once of the many times that I got to hang out with the Filichia's over the 2 weeks leading up to the 4th.

Most of you probably don't know the Filichia's, but they are practically my second family. My friend Tim, who passed away last October, is their son. Tim and I spent a lot of time with his family in Arizona and whenever they would come to Provo. I am very lucky to have them in my life and feel like Tim is still around when I am with them.

About two weeks before the 4th I got a text from Lauren (little sis Filichia) saying that LIGHT (her dad's show choir) was going to be in Utah doing a couple shows. I was so excited and got to go see their incredible show in Spanish Fork. When I walked into the church I saw Big Tim (Papa Filichia) and he was so suprised to see me. I loved the look on his face. Then I went into the gym and found Cara (Mama Filichia). She was also shocked to see me. I sat with her through the show and enjoyed seeing the kids perform. It was a little bit hard to watch parts of the show because it was things that Tim had done and it was weird to see someone else doing his part. But it was a great show and I always love watching LIGHT perform. After the show I got to talk to Lauren for a couple minutes and then Cara and I found an empty room and ended up talking for two hours. We pretty much only talked about Tim, but Cara shared a lot of amazing things that happened before, during, and after the accident. We both cried a ton and I was able to share with her some experiences that I had before and after Tim died. It was so theraputic for both of us!

Lauren also was starting school at BYU the next monday, so she was going to be moving into her apartment and getting settled and Cara was going to stay with her for a couple weeks. But since she didn't have a car up here I got to spend a lot of one-on-one time with Cara going to the grocery store and running errands and helping get Lauren settled at BYU. I loved spending so much time with the girls.
Then Big Tim and Matt (little bro Filichia) came up for a few days to spend the holiday and to take Cara back home. Matt is such a little Timmy and he is so much fun to hang out with. I loved being able to hang out with the whole family and be able to talk so openly with them about Tim and about how they are all doing. I love the Filichia family and hope that they will always be a part of my life!!

***sorry this is such a long and probably boring post for most of you, but this is kind of my journal, so if you don't like it, don't read it. just kidding.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you keep in touch with the Filichia's. They are wonderful!