Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Addiction

I hate to admit it, but I have a major problem. Some people are addicted to drugs or alcohol (these are mostly the people I work with...well, not work WITH, but that I deal with at work...oh, I've dug myself a hole!). Some people are addicted to exercise (I wish!!!) or to plucking their eyebrows. My addiction definitely isn't quite as bad as drugs or alcohol, but it isn't great for my wallet.

I am addicted to Deseret Book. Seriously. I should just avoid it at all cost, but I can't. I'm even a platinum member because I spend so much money there. It is pretty ridiculous. This is the spoil I got on my last visit to Deseret Book last week. But I got a great deal on it all...these 6 books and CD only cost me $45. Only problem is that I do this once or twice a month.

And just in case you were wondering, no i have not read all the books I have bought. I wish I were a Maria Cutler and could read a 500 page book in 1 hour, but I'm not so I have a ton of unread books on my bookshelf. Someday I will read them all...

4 comments:

The Hamilton's said...

Ha, that is so funny! Your an addict! Hope your all doing well! luvs, Heath

Maria said...

Hey, it takes me longer than that... especially if they are not fiction. Looks like you picked some good ones. You will have to let me know which ones are your favorites. I am always looking for another hit, I mean recommendation, from my fellow addicts.

Annika said...

Oh to have an unread book! I can't afford to keep my appetite appeased! Maybe I'll come raid your book shelf!

Kelly said...

so my mom totally has the same problem... except it includes every bookstore in america. My parents literally have thousands of books in their house. And there's no way she has read all of them either.