Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cruise Part 4: Dinner

Basically, we ate a lot!!!! There is always food around! I think J and I would both say that our favorite part of every day was dinner. I love dinner time on cruises! We ate every night in the "Inspiration Dining Room". It was beautiful and so much fun. For those of you who have never been on a cruise before, for dinner you can eat at one of the buffets or you can go to the dining room and have incredible cuisine. You are assigned to a table and that is where you eat every night. Well, we lucked out. Our table was absolutely the best!! We had the best company and the best waiters in the world. (literally. our waiters were from Indonesia and the Philippines)

The first night on the ship, we went to the dining room and the matre'd took us to our table. Sitting there were two guys. We sat down and began talking to them. Their names were Mark and John and they were brothers who live in Chicago and Seattle and decided to meet in San Diego to go on vacation together. They are probably both in their 40's and hysterical.

Then a few minutes later came two more guys. As they were walking towards our table I thought to myself, "they totally look like they could be mormon". (one of my favorite games to play while on vacation is 'spot the mormon'! ;) Well, they sat down at our table and we learned that their names were Luke and Adam and they live in PROVO! Seriously. How random!

Our dinner family...Adam, Jen, Mark, John, Jessie, and Luke

Every night was a blast and we all ended up hanging out a lot. I have never seen anyone eat as much as Luke and Adam and I have never had 5 consecutive nights of laughing so hard I was crying. J and Luke - I told you we were constantly laughing. I took this picture right as Luke said, "I'm a pimp". Long story, so if you want to hear about it, let me know and I will dedicate a whole post to Luke being a "pimp". J and I with our wonderful waiters!! Dennis and Djedje!

The other fantastic part of dinner was our waiters, Djedje and Dennis. They were the best!!! They knew us by name and would always say hi when we would see them around the ship. They would joke around with us, but still be the most gracious waiters. They would sing and dance for us every night and always made me feel so grateful for what I have been blessed with. I was especially excited to see that Dennis was from the Philippines since that is where my sister served her mission for our church. They made our cruise so incredible!! I miss having dinner with these 6 guys every night! But no worries, Adam, Luke, J and I definitely have it planned to get us some warm chocolate melting cake together soon!! Doing the macarena at dinner. Hysterical!!!!!! And yes, Luke was about to vomit because he had just eaten so much!! I think that night he had eaten 3 appetizers, 3 entrees and 2 desserts.

2 comments:

Petersen Family said...

Ok so I just read all your posts and it looks like you had an amazing time! I'm trying and trying to get Brian to go on another cruise! He didn't like the fact that we spent three days on the ship so I need to find a cruise that spends more time on land and then beg, beg, beg! I loved Cabo too! We were the only ones out of our family (30 or so) of us that went out to see the Arch and to Lover's Beach! Once they saw the pics they were sad they didn't want to go! Cabo is also where Brian basically lost his WEDDING RING but then we paid some divers to go down and they actually found it! (Long story!) Glad you had so much fun!

Lindsay said...

I'm so jealous Jen! It looks like you had a fabulous time! Oh how I would love to go on a cruise...