Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cruise Part 1: The Ship

Ok, ok...here is what you have all been waiting for! There are so many pictures that there is no way I could post them all, so I'm just going to show some highlights. I want to post about the cruise itself right now and then i will post about our couple days in LA and seeing Wicked maybe tomorrow. So here is goes. Hope you enjoy...

We drove to San Diego on the morning of Monday, April 28. We got to the port, checked our bags, parked the car and headed to check ourselves onto the ship, the Carnival Elation. This is where are one and only heart attack happened. When we got inside to check in, Jessie realized that she had put her book with all her documents in her luggage that we had just checked. Oh no!!! I had my passport which makes life so much easier, but Jessie had to bring her birth certificate with her since she doesn't have a passport. Lesson #1 - eveyone should have a passport!!! We went and talked to the guys who we checked our bags with and they said they would see if they could find it. Well 25 minutes later they came back and said that we just had to go and try to get on without it. But they didn't say it that nicely... Luckily, because she is an American citizen she could board the boat, as long as she showed it when we returned to San Diego. What a relief!!

Standing on one of the top decks of the Carnival Elation

Leaving San Diego. Debbie & Melissa (sisters...I work with Melissa) and me and J (Jessie)

We had tons of fun on the ship. It was an absolutely beautiful ship. So many fun things to do and an amazing crew. In fact, we can't talk about he Carnival Elation without speaking in an Australian accent because of the cruise director Stu. We had 2 days at sea that we got to just lay out, eat, play at the pool, go on the waterslide, play miniature golf, eat, relax, read, drink pina coladas, play bingo and black jack, go dancing, eat, get tattoos and work on an awesome tan!

The muster drill. Just in case our boat decides to sink or catch on fire or something...

Just hanging out with the captain of the ship at the Drama Bar.

Adam and Luke on the mini golf course.

Laying out. Luke was freezing and I was enjoying the sun!! I have to admit that I got a really nice tan to start the summer off right!

Kind of laying out on the one pretty cold morning at sea. But it was still a beautiful day and I just couldn't stand being inside. Yes, i know, I look rediculous.

J and I in the karaoke lounge. We did this almost every night. So much fun! Especially when people have a little too much to drink!!

2 comments:

Bone Junior said...

Ok I have to admit, when I saw that the titles of your posts said "Cruise Part 1" etc, my first thought was that you were posting about Tom Cruise, and I was really excited.

Your actual cruise was pretty exciting too. I'm going next time. But you can't make me eat tacos.

Petersen Family said...

The karaoke lounge was our nightly routine too! Brian and I found it the first night and by the end of the cruise, we had all the members of my Dad's side of the family in there too! What people will do with a little alcohol!!