Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Prophets

The last few weeks have been full of incredible opportunities to listen to the words of prophets. Two weeks ago President Hinckley came and spoke at devotional at BYU and yesterday President Monson came. What amazing men! I am so grateful to know that we have living prophets on the earth to lead and guide us through these hard times. I know they will never lead us astray and I am so grateful to be able to hear their words often.
President Monson said something yesterday that really struck me and I need to really work on. I've realized recently that I think too much about things I've done in the past or how things are going to work out in the future so I don't fully enjoy the present.

President Monson said, "The past is behind - learn from it. The future is ahead - prepare for it. The present is now - we must live in it."

3 Nephi 13:34 - "Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself."

This has become my theme scripture lately as I try to more fully put my faith and trust in the Lord and know that as long as I am doing the things I should and am keeping the commandments everything will work out.

No comments: