Friday, February 01, 2008

A Couple Things...

First of all, I can't believe that it is February!!! Seriously, where does time go?!? January was a good month though and I kept basically all of my new years resolutions. I met the monthly goals I set for myself and I'm excited about that. Now onto another month and more goals!

Second, I want today to be done! I have a love/hate relationship with fridays. I love fridays because it's the end of the work week, but I hate fridays because I just want it to be saturday already!!! But K-Dub, J and I made it a good friday by taking a long lunch break to go to Cracker Barrel. Yummy!

Third, I can't find my wallet!! The only problem when we went to Cracker Barrel was when I grabbed my purse to pay for my lunch and my wallet was no where to be found. What?!? I had it this morning when I went to the gas station, but it is no longer there. I searched all through my purse (it's not that big) and even through my car and J's car, but to no avail. I called the gas station to see if I maybe left it there and they had it, but no. My wallet is lost and I am freaking out! (Just ask my dad, I called him crying. I'm such a baby...) I think what may have happened is that I put my purse down to get my keys out and I think I may have set my wallet down too, instead of putting it in my purse. I've called the gas station and even gone in to make sure it wasn't still sitting there, but they say they don't have my wallet. It actually wouldn't even surprise me if I accidentally left it and someone came and took it. It is kind of a shady gas station. I even asked the owner if they could look on surveillance tapes to see what I did with it, but they say that they don't have cameras showing the area where I had set my purse down. Did I mention that I'm freaking out?!?!?! I've called Cracker Barrel to see if maybe it fell out under the table. Twice. Nothing.

The worst part is that my temple recommend is in my wallet. Now it wouldn't be so bad because I could get a new one on sunday with my bishop, except that my aunt is getting married tomorrow. In the temple, which makes having a recommend pretty important! Again, have I mentioned that I am FREAKING OUT!!!!! I guess I need to call the bank and my credit card company and the drivers license division and the library and all those places that I have cards/memberships at and have them do what they do when this kind of stuff happens. I've never lost my wallet before, I have no idea what the protocol is.

I think the first thing I need to do is call my Bishop to try and get a new recommend tonight! Hopefully he'll give me a new one, even though I've said some not very nice words today...

Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Jen, I hope you found it your wallet! I don't blame you for freaking out... I would have done the same thing. Maybe someone will mail it to you! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it some how finds it way back to you without anything missing!

Aubs said...

sorry about your wallet. It is not a fun thing to loose. I hope you didn't have much cash in it.
I hope it turns up soon. And I hope you can get to your aunts wedding tomorrow. Thye sould be able to get you in with the new bar code scanner things. They should just h ave it on record or something. Good luck!