Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Festival of Colors

This last weekend a ton of friends and I went to the Hare Krishna temple in Spanish Fork for Holi, the festival of colors. It is an Indian tradition to welcome in Spring. They have tons of food and dancers and you can tour the temple and buy cool things. Then they start a huge bonfire where they burn in effigy a devil woman representing all evil. As soon as the devil woman lights on fire everything goes crazy. Everyone has bags of colorful chalk powder and you just start throwing it and rubbing it all over everyone. It is insane. But so much fun. It is so hard to describe, so the picture will have to do. This is not even half of my friends that went. There were tons of us! This is before the chalk throwing. Notice the colorful bags that everyone is holding. After...totally covered in chalk! My eyes hurt so bad because my friend Craig accidentally shoved a handful of chalk right in my eyes. It took forever to wash all the chalk out of my hair and clothes. And even the next day I was cleaning more chalk out of my ears! It was a blast!

3 comments:

Petersen Family said...

Can I just say that you need to update your blog?!? I want to hear about how your new job is going and everything else with you! Call me

Maria said...

I second the motion! update immediately, it's so depressing to check up on you and just have the same old news!

Hannah said...

ha! That looks like a ton of fun!!