Monday, March 19, 2007

Big Changes!

Lots of change is happening in my life! The last couple weeks have been full of interesting things and lots of prayers and trying to figure out what I am to be doing right now. Through some wonderful experiences and help of my amazing family and incredible friends I have decided to make some big changes. I am looking forward to what the future holds and know that the Lord is guiding my life. I am so grateful to be led by the Spirit and to be doing what I know is right.

The first big change (but the last that will actually happen) is that I have decided to MOVE. I have lived in my apartment for almost two years and it's time for a change. I need to get out of my comfort zone and change some scenery. It isn't a huge move, only about 2 miles away, but it is a very different area than I have lived in the last few years. This picture is of the complex that I am moving to. It is only a couple years old and the units are gorgeous. I have three really close friends who live there now and one of them just put her mission papers in. So I am going to take her spot when she leaves this summer. I am excited to be in a new place and meet new people. This is definitely a good change!

A change I haven't been a huge fan of is one of my best friends moving. This past week he decided he needed to make a quick change and picked up and left Provo and moved to Salt Lake for the last six weeks of school and then he is going back home to Arizona. I didn't realize how much I rely on him until this last week when he hasn't been around. Thank goodness for cell phones and texting!! I miss you already Tim!










Probably the greatest change (well, it's a change from the last 18 months) is that two weeks ago my sister got home from her mission!! My parents went and picked her up in the Philippines and they traveled for a couple weeks and returned home to Utah on March 5th. It has been so much fun having her home! I'm especially excited that she is going to be living in Provo for the summer!



The last change, and the one I am most excited about, just happened this morning! I am starting a new JOB in two weeks!! My sister-in-law's mom let me know about some job openings that she thought I would enjoy and that I would do well at, so I applied and interviewed the end of last week and I got the wonderful call this morning. I am going to be working for the Fourth District Court here in Provo as a Deputy Court Clerk. Meaning, I will be on a team that works for a specific judge handling their cases. I am excited to learn something new and expand my knowledge. It will be sad to leave the company I have worked for for the last 3 years, but this is a great opportunity and I need to take it. It just feels right. And now I will have insurance! :)

I have never been a fan of change, but right now it needs to happen. I need to learn and progress and stretch myself. It is going to be an eventful ride the next couple months. Wish me luck!







No comments: