Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I Love Timmyman!

I know, I know. Everyone has been bugging me about never updating my blog. Well, here it is. I will try to be better about it! Promise!

I hate to get back into blogging with this post, but I feel like I need to post this to pay tribute to one of my dearest friends, Tim Filichia. Tim was killed in a car accident last Sunday, October 7 as he was driving back to Provo after spending conference weekend with his family in Arizona. I'll be honest that the last 9 days have been really hard for me. Tim is the person that I would call when something amazing happened or when I needed a shoulder to cry on and he did the same. I have so many hilarious, spiritual, retarded and amazing memories of Tim. I will always cherish the wonderful times we spent together and the impact that he has made on my life. I am a better person for having known Timmy. I am struggling with him being gone, I keep thinking I'm going to get a text or a phone call from him any minute, but the best way I can think of honoring his life is by becoming the daughter of my Heavenly Father that he always saw me as. I now need to take the things that he taught me through his example and through his words to me and "make of my life a masterpiece".

This picture (even though it is really blurry) is of one of my fondest memories of Tim. I've spent a lot of time in Arizona with Tim and his family and this is a picture of the last time I went down before Tim passed away. It was the beginning of May that Tim and I went down and spent the weekend with his family and went to my old roommate Becca and Clark's wedding reception in Tucson. Now you have to know that Tim has one of the most amazing voices ever and we loved to sing together. We used to spend hours at my house sitting at the piano and singing. This night we drove the 2 hours from Mesa to Tucson and sang the whole way. Our favorite song to sing together was the duet from Wicked called "As Long As You're Mine". It is one of the greatest love songs ever! Tim and I put the CD on repeat and probably sang the song 6 times just on the drive to Tucson. Well, at the reception there was a dance floor. Tim is also an incredible dancer and we began to dance the night away. After a while, our song came on, the one that we had sang 6 times already that night in the car, but the song that we love! So we started singing it and dancing around and we noticed that within about 30 seconds, the dance floor was empty, except for us, and everyone was watching us. Well what did Tim and I decide to do? Of course, make complete fools out of ourselves! We made a huge production out of the song and dancing to it and everyone loved it. It was hilarious! But it was one of the funnest things I have ever done!! Tim was the life of the party that night! After the reception we even went to IHOP with Becca and Clark because they just wanted to spend more time with Timmy. And on the drive back to Mesa what did we do? Obviously, we sang our song a few more times. It was awesome and something that I will remember my whole life.

Timmyman, I love you and miss you terribly, but I know that you are in a better place and that I will see you again! Thank you for always being there for me and loving me for who I am and who you know I can be! Thank you for sharing your family with me and being the greatest example I have of Christlike love. But most especially, thank you for being a part of my life!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

11/06/07
Hi Jen! I decided to look at your blog after a long break on my part too, and I am so glad I did! I hadn't ever heard the story about you two singing and dancing at Becca and Clark's reception. What a fun and special memory! I want you to know that I am always here for you and I love you and am so proud of the great woman you and are are becoming.
Love you Forever! Mom

Anonymous said...

11/06/07
I just put a comment on here but it didn't look like it posted so I am doing another one. Hopefully you will get it this time and if you get it twice you will know why! I am so glad that I checked out your blog because I had never heard that story about you and Tim singing and dancing at Becca and Clark's reception. What a great memory!! I am so proud of you and the wonderful woman you are and are still becoming!!
Love You Forever! Mom