Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Publicity Dilemma

Many of you I'm sure have heard of the recent controvery between HBO and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I'll be honest, when I first heard what was happening I was very upset. I felt so protective of something that is extremely sacred and important to me and furious that someone else would feel it appropriate to publicize it. However, the Church put out a statement (the link at the bottom of this post) which helped to calm my heart and fears. I hope you will all read it. I feel like this is the attitude we should have and we must remember that “The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.” (Joseph Smith)


We definitely live in the last days with so many uncertainties and hardships, but how grateful I am for my testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel and of living prophets on the earth today to guide us.


And P.S. 24 hours from now, I will be on a plane to New York City!!!! :)

4 comments:

Krista Neil said...

That was really nice to read, put thing into perspective, and I'm so jealous your going to New York, that would be so fun!

Marinann said...

Hey Darlin' Daughter! Have I ever told you that you inspire me? Well you do! I am thankful for the perspective you helped me gain as well and especially to have such a wonderful daughter! I LOVE YOU!!! Mom

Annika said...

Thanks for sharing Jen, it is nice to have reminders every now and again how we should respond to criticism. How's New York?!

Shelly said...

ok...now I want to see pics from NYC.