Thursday, October 18, 2007

Good times in AZ

I needed to go to Arizona this last weekend for Tim's funeral, but definitely didn't want to drive alone so I went with a few friends who also wanted to go to the funeral. It was a sad weekend in ways, but we had a great time hanging out with family and friends that we haven't seen in a long time.

The drive down to Mesa was soooo loooooong, but we put in some good music and jammed our way to Arizona. We got there friday afternoon and spent that night with friends. The Ellsworth's let us use stay at their house and we had a bunch of friends over from the old ward who either went down for the funeral or who live in AZ now. There ended up being about 14 of us who just hung out all night and told stories and laughed just like old times. It was awesome!

We <3 the Ellsworth family!!!!







The funeral was on saturday and it was amazing. The best part was when Tim's dad spoke and he also sang the song that he and Tim had sung at Tim's mission farewell. Incredible!!!! Big Tim and Cara are like my other parents and it was so good to spend some time with them. Big Tim told me that I could have one of their house keys to ensure that I would still come visit!


Saturday night all of us that were staying at the Ellsworth's went to the ASU/UW football game in Tempe. We ended up having a great time and really enjoyed each other's company. I love that even after not having seen Ty for about 5 months we just get right back to giving each other crap and bantering about everything. But with Ty, it's just our way of showing our love for each other! ;)


The group of us at the game...Matt, Mark, Dan, me, Amanda, Chase, Kaisha & Ty. Oh yeah, and me with my favorite person to cuddle with, Dan (no commitment involved, promise! he is just really ridiculously good looking! ;)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting about Tim's funeral. I thought about it that day and was wondering how it went.