Thursday, January 04, 2007

911

I've never had to call 911 until the other night. My roommate Jenni had a couple ovarian cysts that ruptured and I had to take her to the hospital. But she couldn't move by herself and I couldn't get her to my car, so I called 911 and an ambulance came. Of course, since it has been Christmas break no one is home and I tried to call anyone I could think of that could help me. But to no avail. The paramedics were really nice though and got her to the hospital. Not fun at all! I ended up spending most of the night in the emergency room with her. I was supposed to be picking up my friend Tyler from the airport at the same time that this was all happening. Gratefully, he is such an awesome guy that he just waited until I could get away from the hospital and go get him. Thanks Tyler! It was a crazy night and I was so exhausted after I got home that I slept yesterday morning. It felt great! Being at the hospital made me very grateful for my health. I have had some scary things happen the last year with my health, but overall I can't complain. I have never had to stay overnight in a hospital, I've never broken a bone or had surgery. I have been very blessed. I need to remember that more often.

On a different note, does anyone know where 2006 went? My mom always said that the older you get, the faster time flies and I am really beginning to believe it! This last year went soooo fast and I don't know how I feel about it. It was a wonderful year, I just was hoping to have gotten a few more things done. Well, I guess it means I get to work a little harder in 2007.

Here's to a great upcoming year!

No comments: