Tuesday, June 10, 2008

NKOTB

I hope everyone who reads this knows what those initials stand for. If you don't, we definitely did not grow up in the same decade!!

A few months ago there was an announcment that my favorite childhood boyband was reuniting. I was sooo excited, but didn't know of too many other people who would be ask excited as me. Well, no one except Sarah, of course. She and I spent one Sunday afternoon watching their appearance on the Today Show that she had TiVo'd and getting ourselves pumped for their tour which would of course be coming to Salt Lake!!!!

Well, last week was the day we had been waiting for. Tickets for the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK tour went on sale! And Sarah was online the moment they were available. November can't come soon enough!Yes, I know this may seem a little juvenile, but if any of you would have known me between the ages of 8 and 12 you would know how obsessed I was with the New Kids. My best friend Honor and I would watch their videos every day. We knew every word to their songs and every dance move. She loved Jordan and I loved Joey. We would even kiss them on the TV screen. I had t-shirts, posters, pins, tapes, videos and even the NKOTB dolls. If you don't believe me, just ask my sister, she had to share a room with me!

I wish I had kept all that old memorabilia, it would be worth a lot these days. ;)

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

We definitely grew up in the same decade! I remember I had the NKOTB watch and I thought I was so special! My friend got to go to their concert and she took a ton of pictures so we would just sit around during recess and stare at them. Oh memories......

Lindsay said...

HaHa, yes! I had the most awesome white, plastic flip-up NKOTB watch. I wore that thing EVERYWHERE!!!

Clark and Rebecca said...

Do you remember the cartoon? I loved watching it!

Jen said...

oh my gosh, i forgot about the cartoon! i definitely watched it. haha

gurrbonzo said...

you're my cover girl!