Sunday, June 01, 2008

Beautiful Sabbath

It has been an amazing day! The weather was perfect and I was able to enjoy most of the day by being outside. One of my favorite places is in Provo canyon, a few miles past Vivian Park and South Fork. Not too many people know about it so it was wonderful today. I was able to go and take my ipod, scriptures, the Ensign and my journal and enjoy the sun for a few hours.

I want to share a talk that I really studied today. It is The Great Commandment by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin from October 2007 General Conference.

What an incredible talk! I don't know who remembers this, but this is the talk that Elder Wirthlin began to shake really badly and Elder Nelson got up to help him. What a great example of exactly what this talk is about - charity. I love so many parts of this talk, but I just want to share one part that really hit home with me.

Elder Wirthlin said, "Sometimes the greatest love is not found in the dramatic scenes that poets and writers immortalize. Often, the greatest manifestations of love are the simple acts of kindness and caring we extend to those we meet along the path of life. True love lasts forever. It is eternally patient and forgiving. It believes, hopes, and endures all things. That is the love our Heavenly Father bears for us."

What a beautiful thought! I hope you can all read (or re-read) this talk. Or even better, watch it. And while I'm promoting Elder Wirthlin, I would also encourage you all to read my favorite talk EVER!
The Abundant Life. Read it. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Marinann said...

Hi Sweetie!! Just read this blog and wondered if The Abundant Life is one of Elder Wirthlin's talks or someone else's and when it is from. I love being your Mom because you inspire me to be a better person! I LOVE YOU!!! Mom